Because we’re committed to safeguarding your wellness challenge client/participant confidentiality, the following privacy principles apply:
- In cases when the challenge may need personal information to customize content or to inform you about new features or services, you will be explicitly asked for that information.
- Personally identifiable information from you (name, email, or organization) will be used only to serve you better; we employ strict security measures to safeguard personal information, which is stored in a secured database.
- Note that when you opt in to buddy, team, or other social features in the challenge you agree to share your name, email address, and logging information (minutes, steps, points, etc.) with other program participants.
- Your personal information, including name, email address, and participation data is shared with designated representatives of the organizations who have purchased the service for use on your behalf. This could be your employer or a member organization. This information is provided to confirm individual and group participation.
- Individuals using the service have the right to access and to correct, amend, or delete their personal information.
- Individuals may request to limit access and disclosure of their personal information by submitting a request through the Contact link or calling 989.839.0852.
- HES may disclose personal information in response to a lawful request by appropriate public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- HES does not perform onward transfers of personal information to third parties.
Within the scope of this privacy notice, if a privacy complaint or dispute cannot be resolved through HES, Inc.’s internal processes, HES, Inc. has agreed to participate in the VeraSafe Privacy Shield Dispute Resolution Procedure. Subject to the terms of the VeraSafe Privacy Shield Dispute Resolution Procedure, VeraSafe will provide appropriate recourse free of charge to you. To file a complaint with VeraSafe under the Privacy Shield Dispute Resolution Procedure, please submit the required information to VeraSafe here: https://www.verasafe.com/privacy-services/dispute-resolution/submit-dispute/.
You have the ability to invoke binding arbitration to address any complaint that HES has violated its obligations under the Principles to you and that has not been resolved by other means.
- We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission.
We may disclose personal information:
To any person performing audit, legal, operational, or other services for us. Whenever feasible, we will use information that does not identify the individual for these activities. Information disclosed to vendors or contractors for operational purposes may not be re-disclosed to others by such a vendor or contractor.
When required to do so by a subpoena, court order, or search warrant.
As we deem appropriate to protect the safety of an individual, for an investigation related to public safety, or to report an activity that appears to be in violation of law.
To protect the security and reliability of this site and to take precautions against liability.
Email addresses may be used for internal communications.
The challenge website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of data under our control.